- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1 large pumpkin (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 2 apples (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 4 cups of low sodium vegetable stock
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Peel the squash, cut in half, and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into chunks. Peel, quarter, and core the apples. Cut into chunks.
In a roasting pan, toss squash, onions, garlic, thyme and apples with coconut oil to coat. Season with sea salt and pepper. Roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until vegetables are fork-tender (about 40 minutes).
Transfer the vegetables to a pot. Add stock to the vegetables. Using a hand blender, puree until smooth. (If necessary, add more stock to thin soup). Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Serves 4-6