Even though September is just around the corner, there are still some days when it’s just too hot to heat up the kitchen.
Watermelon Thirst Quencher
- 2 cups of peeled and coarsely chopped watermelon (seeded)
- 1 cup of ice
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh mint
Place all of the ingredients in the blender. Blend until frothy. Serve right away.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup watermelon, peeled and coarsely chopped (seeded)
- 1/2 medium sweet onion
- 2 table spoons of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Slice tomatoes in quarters. Coarsely chop cucumber (if using different type of cucumber, peel first), red pepper and onion. Transfer all of the vegetables, to a food processor or blender and puree. Add watermelon, garlic, vinegar and salt. Blend until smooth. With the machine on low, gradually add the of olive oil. Refrigerate until chilled.
Ladle the gazpacho into bowls, drizzle with olive oil before serving.