It’s been a while since I’ve written anything in my blog.
There are a few reasons you haven’t heard from me in a while, but I would like to share the main one with you.
The big reason is I needed a Break.
Now, I normally don’t do this, but I’d like to get a little personal for a second.
After launching my new site, restructuring my services, and the planning for my new project (more on that coming soon!) I was feeling completely uncreative. And I found myself tired, cranky and missing my mom.
So I took some time off and played foosball matches with my nephew, had several laughing fits with my sister, made soup with my mom and committed to not doing any work. Including emails. If you know me personally, you know this isn’t easy for me.
Since I’ve been home, I’ve spent the last few weeks journaling, and planning the second half of the year. This break was exactly what I need to refocus on many areas of my life.
Now I know you’re probably saying to yourself, “That’s so great for you Ana but I can’t take 1 week or a month off”. I get it. Everyone works and has responsibilities.
But here’s my question for you: Can you take two days off? Or day off? Or a weekend where you don’t use your phone or check your email? Or what about committing to no television or internet at home for a few weeks. Great things can happen when we unplug from technology.
You might be thinking there is no way that you can disconnect from work or even tech right now. But, this is a sign that you need a break, even for 1 day.
And in today’s post, I’ve put together 5 more signs that it may be time to disconnect, and take a break.
5 signs you need a break.
1. You feel overwhelmed. Does this sound familiar? You get to work, sit down at your desk, look at your to-do list and inbox and either want to yell at someone or start crying. Feeling overwhelmed for me, is one of the first majors signs that it’s time to take a break.
2. You’re super cranky. You are constantly going off on people for no real reason. The normal stuff of your friends, family and coworkers starts to piss you off more than usual.
3. You’re tired all the time. If simply the thought of walking into work and turning on your computer, or “What the F am I going to cook for dinner tonight?!” makes you want tot find the closest close and take a nap, then you probably need to rest up a bit. (If you need a few easy tips on how to increase your energy click here and here).
4. You can’t focus. Do you look at your computer screen and everything is basically a blur? Being able to focus is important if you really want to get shit done. Period. And if you’re having trouble focusing then you’re probably not doing your best work.
5. Your self care has gone out the window. You start making excuses for not going to yoga, the gym or your regular walks.
Maybe you’ve been eating foods you know make you feel bad but they’re quick and easy. Or you haven’t been to the hair dresser in a few months and you’ve missed the last few dinners with girl friends.
If you find yourself relating to any of these, it’s time to take a day off and turn off the computer and all of your notifications and get away.
In the comments I’d love to know how you are committing to disconnecting this summer.
Have a great summer!
Dolce far Anna says6 August, 2015 at 13:47
Thanks for sharing! Everyone need a break.
We deserve being calm, creative and inspired for loving a great life. Take care!