Today’s post may not be the most glamorous, but an important one nonetheless.
It’s a problem that most of us have dealt with at some point or another. It’s one of the most common complaints I hear from my clients, and a popular subject whenever I speak.
First off, if you’re not going everyday, you’re constipated. It may be COMMON that many of us only go a few times a week, but it’s not NORMAL.
Some common reasons many of us get constipated are:
- Food allergies/ food sensitivities
- Not eating enough fibre
- Diet high in processed foods
- Not drinking enough water
- Pain medications
- Lack of exercise
The best way to deal with this is to prevent it.
- Drink 8 glasses of water every day. Herbal tea counts too.
- Eat 25+g of fibre a day. (Most people are only 10-15). Eat fruits and vegetables high in fibre, add ground flax and chia seeds to your diet.
- Figure out if you have any food sensitivities or allergies. Remove them from your diet. This is a biggie. This can be the major reason you’re having poop troubles. Click here to ask me how.
- Exercise. You gotta move to get it moving.
- Go when you have to go. If nature calls, listen.
- Reduce your stress levels. This is the most important step of all.
If you need extra help, massage is also helpful. My good friend Registered Massage Therapist, Valter Feleja, has put together a step by step instructions of how to perform the “I Love U” massage, should you ever need it. This massage will help increase peristalsis in your intestines which will help push things a long and help you become more regular.