2 cups chopped pitted dates
3 tbs chia seeds
1 cup water
1 tbs lemon juice
1 1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup chestnut flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup coconut oil (+1tbs melted)
* Preheat oven to 350F/ 175C. Line an 8-in baking pan with parchment paper. (Press a create in the parchment at the edges, and fold the extra under.
* Combine dates, water and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until thick; 6 to 8 min. Remove from heat.
* Stir in and chia seeds. Let cool.
* In a bowl, combine oats, buckwheat flour, chestnut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add coconut oil and stir until mixture is crumbly.
* Spread 2/3 of the mixture into the pan and press firmly. Layer date mixture over crust and spread evenly. Cover with remaining mixture and press down lightly.
* Bake for 30 to 35 min (until top is golden brown). Transfer to a rack and allow to cool completely in pan, about 1.5 hours. Cut into squares 12-16 squares.