Don’t have time to eat healthy + fit some exercise in?
Well, do you have time to feel like shit?
I know this may seem a little harsh but it’s kinda the truth. So instead of making a list of all the reasons you have no time, try out some of these simple ways to feel great.
- Write it down. If you are having a hard time getting you workouts in, put them in your schedule. Treat them as any other important appointment.
- Travel with snacks. I never leave my house without food. An apple and some nuts or protein bar. If I have access to a fridge, I bring a smoothie with me. This takes 2 min. to pack, and ensure don’t grab some processed starch when you are on the go.
- Do what you love. If you hate running, don’t sign up for a race in the hopes of forcing yourself to train for it. You will be bored out of your mind and you won’t stick to it. Find an activity you like and actually want to do. Take a dance class, yoga, go hiking, rollerblade – it doesn’t really matter, just get your body moving.
- Make the best choice. Choose water over pop, whole grain over white, ask for extra veggies. It takes just as much time to wait in line for a salad as it does a burger and fries.
- Be a morning person. Ok, I’m not sunshine and butterflies every morning, so I don’t expect anyone else to be. But if you can squeeze your workout in the morning it’s done. No more thinking about it. And you are more likely to make healthier food choices during the day.
- Find the time. All you need is 12 to 20 minutes a day. Yes, I said 12 to 20. Short, intense workouts are really effective at increasing muscle and burning fat. The key is that you push yourself to your max. And anyone at any level of fitness can workout this way.
Do you any tips to make healthy living easier? Please share in the comments below.